Tuesday, May 26, 2009

I like complaining (gerund)

Today was so awful.

I had a practical test in class. We were given a biscuit recipe and had to make a fruit shortcake with it, using whatever we wanted/could find. Of course, nothing was available in the kitchen, except the obvious strawberries/blueberries, which I did not want to use. I originally wanted to do some kind of banana cream shortcake. No bananas. Then I tried to do a piƱa colada-esque shortcake. No pineapple. So I had to end up using blueberries and added some caramelized peaches. This was supposed to be done at 10:30Am, but I didn't finish until 12. I felt so incompetent. This is what I ended up with:


More awfulness:
  • it's dish-duty week. Stayed 2 hours after class, washing dishes.
  • Trains were not running. Tried to take a random bus home which dropped me off just 3 blocks away.
  • Saw a jackinthebox by the bus stop. Almost ordered, then realized I left my wallet at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment